About the Spencer Chamber of Commerce
The Spencer Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1890. Spencer was among the first cities in the entire nation to use the Chamber of Commerce "bureau plan". Under this plan, the various types of businesses in the city were divided into 12 different bureaus, each representing similar or closely related types of service.
Since that time the Spencer Chamber of Commerce has continued in its endeavor to promote civic, economic, industrial, and agricultural development. The association is committed to fostering an environment which creates jobs, enhances economic opportunities and improves the quality of life for the Spencer area. By pooling the talents and resources of the entire community, this voluntary organization of business and industry works together to improve the quality of life for the Spencer area.
The Spencer Chamber serves as a central nucleus to the city of Spencer. Area residents and visitors typically look to the local chamber of commerce for recommendations and referrals. The Chamber moves quickly to adopt new ideas when they appear to spell progress for the community, but clings tenaciously to the fundamental values of life which are the cornerstone and foundation of our society.
The true nature and spirit of a community cannot be fully known to anyone who has not lived in that community, nor become acquainted with the character of its people. The Spencer Chamber of Commerce has been organized to provide you with the information you need and would consider it a real pleasure to have an opportunity to serve you in any way we can.
- Bill Campbell, Executive Director - Membership - Retail Developmentemail Bill
- Becky Fear-Hatting, Program Directoremail Becky
- Mari Lu Larson, Finance/Communications Directoremail Mari Lu
2014 - 2015 Chamber Board
- Jarrett Smith, Past ChairChannel Bio
- Rod Meendering, TreasurerWinther-Stave and Company
- Cindy Tigges, SecretarySpencer YMCA
- Jeremy Parsons, ChairClay County Fair Association
- Melissa CunninghamSpencer Hospital-Abben Cancer Center
- Eric Van Der HeideNorthwest Bank
- Eric StuckeyGraham Tire & Appliance
- Nate NewhouseCommunity State Bank
- Kari RoskensKari's