The official welcoming group of the Spencer Chamber of Commerce. Thirty Men and Women from the Spencer Business Community make up the Spencer Ambassadors in those famous red plaid coats. Each week this group call on new businesses to the area as well as welcome new staff members, building relocations and official ribbon cuttings.
If your business is new to the Spencer community please call the Chamber Office to schedule an Ambassador Visit.
Business Before / After Hours
Members of the Spencer Chamber of Commerce are invited and encouraged to attend the Chamber sponsored
Business Before and Business After Hours social networking events each month.
The Business Before Hours are typically on the first Wednesday of each month from 7:30 - 8:30am with
Business After Hours held on the third Tuesday of the month from 5 - 7pm.
Each event is hosted by a members business or organization of the Spencer Chamber of Commerce and is FREE for any Chamber member, their staff and employees to attend.
Here is the current schedule for Business Before Hours & Business After Hours.
- Tuesday, July 21 - Business After Hours hosted by St. Lukes Homes and Services
- Wednesday, August 5 - Business Before Hours hosted by Clay County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Clay County Heritage Center and HyVee.
- Tuesday, August 18 - Business after Hours hosted by Community State Bank, Clay County Conservation and the Spencer Chamber of Commerce.
- Wednesday, September 2 - Business Before Hours hosted by Aventure Staffing
- Wednesday, October 7 - Business Before Hours hosted by Hope Haven
- Tuesday, October 20 - Business After Hours hosted by Northwest Iowa Realty and Slumberland
- Wednesday, November 4 - Business Before Hours hosted by Campbell, Higgins and Mummert
- Tuesday, November 17 - Business After Hours hosted by Farmers Trust and Savings Bank & Warner Funeral Home (at Bogenrief Studios)
The Spencer Chamber of Commerce and Spencer U.S.A., the Young Professionals of the Spencer Chamber, invite you to the "Chamber Chill," a new community social gathering taking place Friday nights this summer.
On select Friday nights from 5 - 8pm beginning June 12, the public is invited to come down to the Riverfront, the greenspace in front of Gary's on the River, and enjoy music, food and refreshments. Each night will feature a different theme with area brewers and distributers serving up your favorite beverage. There is no charge for admission.
The scheduled nights for the Chamber Chill are:
- Friday, June 12 - Flagfest Kickoff - sponsored by Farmers Trust and Savings Bank
- Friday, July 10 - Beach Party - sponsored by Northwest Bank
- Friday, August 7 - Dog Days of Summer - sponsored by Community State Bank
- Friday, September 11 - Clay County Fair Kickoff - sponsored by IGL TeleConnect
- Friday, October 9 - Oktoberfest - sponsored by State Bank
Join the Fun - Bring Your Friends - A Good Old Fashioned Summer Social
Sponsorships are available for select dates. Please contact the Chamber Office if interested.
Chamber Bowling Outing
A mid-winter break away from the office along with a great networking opportunity. 16 teams of 5 bowlers rolling three games to see who will hold bragging rights for the coming year. The annual outing is held at Spencer Bowl and Fun at Gateway North in Spencer.
We look forward to having you with us for the 2016 Chamber Bowling Outing!
Eggs & Issues Legislative Forums
During the Iowa Legislative season, the Spencer Chamber hosts four sessions with state representatives serving our area. This well attended event attracts constituents from around the region with concerns about legislation before our state leaders. The sessions are normally held in February and March on a Saturday mornings and is open to the public.
Join us during the 2015 Legislative Session. The four scheduled dates are:
- Saturday, February 7 sponsored by Winther, Stave & Company
- Saturday, February 21 sponsored by Iowa Lakes Community College
- Saturday, March 7 sponsored by Iowa Lake Electric Cooperative
- Saturday, March 21 sponsored by Northwest Bank
All forums are held from 9 - 10:30am in the Council Chamber of Spencer City Hall. A light breakfast is served from our sponsors beginning at 8:30am when the doors open.
Invited to attend are our local house and senate representatives along with state and national government elected officials.
Northwest Iowa Ag Outlook
A day-long seminar and trade show held each February. Ag Outlook is geared towards farmers and agri-business professionals to give them the knowledge they need to compete in global agriculture. The trade show features the latest in agriculture products, equipment and services. This event is free and attracts nearly 2,000 each year.
Thank you to all of the Sponsors, Vendors and attendees that made the 2015 Event a success. We are looking forward to the 32nd Annual NW IA Ag Outlook Conference and Trade Show on Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
Clay County Ag Breakfast
The Chamber Ag Committee and its sponsoring organizations and commodity groups hold a FREE breakfast in March of each year. Made to order omelets are a popular feature of this event as a way of saying thanks to the community for the support of agriculture in our region.
The 31st Annual Clay County Ag Brekfast sponsored by: Clay County Cattlemen, Clay County Farm Bureau, Clay County Growers, Clay County Pork Producers, Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative and Spencer Chamber of Commere's Ag Committee will be held Tuesday, March 17, 2015. The breakfast will be held at Legends Event and Social Center in Spencer, Iowa from 6 AM to 9 AM - everyone is welcome.
Each year during the spring residents new to the community and those interested in learning more about the area embark on a 10-week course to give them a better understanding of the workings of the City of Spencer. In addition, members of the class are challenged to a group or individual class project with a goal of bettering the community.
The dates for the 2015 Leadership Spencer Class are Monday, March 2nd - Monday, May 4.
2015 Class Schedule & Topics
- Monday, March 2 - Introductions - Becoming a Leader & Volunteer
- Monday, March 9 - Manufacturing & Industry (Eaton Corporation)
- Monday, March 16 - Education - Spencer High School Projects
- Monday, March 23 - Public Safety - A.L.I.C.E. Training
- Monday, March 30 - Spencer Non-Profits
- Monday, April 6 - Culture & the Arts
- Monday, April 13 - Health & Wellness - Spencer Hospital
- Monday, April 20 - Public Utilities - Spencer Municipal Utilities
- Monday, April 27 - Tourism - Clay County Fair & Clay County Regional Events Center
- Monday, May 4 - City Visioning & Goals - Graduation
The registration form is available for download.View More
Junior Leadership Spencer
Evolving from the popular Leadership Spencer program, the Spencer Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Iowa Lakes Community College introduces 'Junior Leadership Spencer" in the fall of 2015.
This course will be offered to incoming High School Juniors.
The course will be held from 12:30 - 3:30pm on the following Wednesdays during the 2015-2016 School Year:
Lunch will be provided at the beginning of each session.
For more information please refer to the Junior Leadership Application Form available for download.
Take a Break
Again, the Ag Committee of the Spencer Chamber reach out to the agriculture community during planting time in late April or May and ask farmers to “Take a Break”. Local merchants donate food and other essential items that are placed in a portable cooler. Ag Committee members then take the coolers directly to those in the field encouraging them to step out of the tractor and take a few minutes to relax and stretch.View More
The brain child of Spencer business people in 1984, Flagfest is a patriotic event celebrating our country, our flag and our heritage. The second weekend of June is set aside for fun and family with food, children’s amusements, street dance, grand cruise, the famous parade and much, much more. Each year the committee strives to keep the weekend a fun and FREE event for the entire family.
Join us in 2015 for the 31st Annual Spencer Flagfest Celebration, June 12, 13 & 14.
Chamber Golf Outing
What could be better on a summer afternoon than a round of golf with fellow chamber members. Each August the Chamber Golf Outing begins with lunch followed by 18 holes of Best Ball alternating between the Spencer Golf and Country Club and the Spencer Municipal Golf. Trophies and raffle prizes add to the fun of the day.
The 2015 Chamber Golf Outing will be held on Monday, August 10, 2015 at the Spencer Municipal Golf Course.
Emagine is a full service web design firm offering custom web design, print design, programming, video production, photography & social media management.
First impressions count. Emagine will help you make the right impact with quality and unique designs! From start to finish, we...